1 head cauliflower stem removed and cut into smaller pieces
1 large egg
1/2 c shredded Parmesan
1 t Italian seasoning (or use combo of salt, pepper, basil, oregano & parsley)
(I added few shakes of cayenne pepper too)
a few thick(er) slices of your cheese of choice (white cheddar, white American, swiss, provolone, or in our case jalapeño)
1. Preheat oven to 450. Pulse cauliflower in food processor til small pieces about half the size of a grain of rice.
2. Microwave for 2 minutes. Stir. Microwave another 3 minutes. Stir. Microwave 5 minutes. Stir. Microwave another 5 minutes. It should be a LITTLE moist but pretty dry and clumpy. Make sure it is not too moist or you will have issues.
3. Let it cool a few minutes. Add egg, Parmesan and seasoning.
4. Divide into 4 equal parts and make into squares on parchment paper, about 1/2" thick. Bake 15-18 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven and let cool a few minutes.
5. Carefully slide cauliflower "bread" off parchment. Add cheese in between each "pair" of slices. Place either in toaster oven or back into oven on parchment until cheese melts.
Original post is from: http://kirbiecravings.com/2015/08/cauliflower-crusted-grilled-cheese-sandwiches.html