Thanks to Stacey at The Sugar Coated Cottage for this recipe! (http://www.thesugarcoatedcottage.com)
Makes 22 cookies
1-1/4 c all purpose flour
1/2 t baking soda
1/2 t baking powder
1/4 t cinnamon
1/4 t salt
1/2 c unsalted butter
1/4 c granulated sugar
3/4 c light brown sugar packed
1 large egg
1 t vanilla extract
1/2 t almond extract
3/4 c white chocolate chips
1/2 c rough chopped roasted almonds
2 c white chocolate melted
1 c slivered almonds
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper, set aside.
2. In a large bowl add the flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon and salt.
3. In the bowl of a mixer, cream the butter until light and pale.
4. Add in the sugars and continue mixing, bout 1 minute.
5. Add the egg and extracts. Mix well to combine.
6. Slowly add in the flour mixture with mixer on low until all incorporated.
7. Bring mixer to medium speed and mix 30 seconds until dough forms.
8. By hand mix in the white chocolate chips and almonds.
9. Using 1-1/2" cookie scoop, scoop out each cookie and place on tray 2" apart.
10. Roll each scooped cookie into a ball; this helps achieve a uniform shape and size.
11. Bake 11-12 minutes or until crackled and golden brown.
12. Repeat with remaining batter.
13. Cool completely.
1. Dip half of each cookie in melted white chocolate and sprinkle with the slivered almonds. (I tempered my chocolate first.)
2. Let set in cool dry place.
3. Store in airtight container.