Saturday, June 22, 2019

Instant Pot Sous Vide Egg Bites



I used a combination of these recipes:




I make them different every time! I loved the feta in them, and I have used hot cheddar. Usually use the cottage cheese, and I add 1 t potato starch (Bob's Mills makes it and it is at most grocery stores or fruit markets), because that makes it super smooth like the Starbucks one! I bring them to my mom and she pops them into the freezer and then takes them out a few at a time. You can pop them in the microwave just until they are hot!

Here is how I pretty much make them:

Chop a handful of spinach and roasted peppers (from the deli, drained if in oil or something), you could add onion here if you like it.
Divide between 2 of these little egg bite containers: 


Mix well in blender:

6 egg whites + 2 eggs 
1 t potato starch (or rice starch)
1/2 c small curd cottage cheese
little salt & pepper
(you can also add 1/4 c water but I usually don't)
1/2 c shredded cheese (jack, pepper jack, or whatever)

Optionally add 1/3 c feta crumbles and pulse until blended.

Pour into little cups that are sprayed with cooking spray. Cover with lids and lower into an insta pot with 1 c water added. Close cover and make sure your lever is turned to the cooking side (not the venting side) and steam for 10 minutes. Release vent and let sit 10 more minutes. Pop out.


No comments:

Post a Comment