Sunday, November 24, 2019

Sweet Sugarbelle Basic Sugar Cookies




Sweet Sugarbelle Recipe

Basic Sugar Cookie

1 c (2 sticks) of unsalted butter, softened
1-1/2 c confectioner's sugar
1 egg
2-1/2 t pure vanilla extract 
1/2 t almond emulsion
2-3/4 c all-purpose flour (I use 3 c)
2 t baking powder (I leave this out)
1 t salt


  1. Cream together softened butter and confectioner’s sugar. Crack the egg into a separate bowl, and add the flavoring. I use emulsions, but extract also works well. Add that to the butter sugar mixture and mix until the egg is thoroughly incorporated. In a separate bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, and salt, then add little by little to the mixture. I can tell the dough is ready when it no longer sticks to the sides of the bowl. When I touch it, it has a little give, but does not stick to my fingers.
  1. Roll out on parchment to about 1/4 an inch thick, use flour for dusting as necessary. Then, cut and bake at 400 degrees for 7-8 minutes. (Note: I bake at 370 -- know your oven though). This version makes 2-2 1/2 dozen, doubled, it makes 4-5 dozen.


If you want to follow along with me on a FaceBook live to watch me make these here is the link: https://www.facebook.com/karenbudzinski/videos/10222370553279074



No comments:

Post a Comment